I'm Not Twenty

Alizée - Mes Courants Electriques


Love doesn't just rhyme

With the story of the day

It's more of a long break

But not "for always"

I don't want something "for life" that leads to heaven

'Cause I have time

It's just a compromise

Like raindrops turning into ocean

It's not hell either

But I hear that all the time

If it's not forever, oh well

So just say yes...


I don't like habits

I don't like difficulties

I'm not twenty!

I don't like posing

Even when I'm in style

I'm not twenty!

And pointy heels are a girl's glory

-Melody of the wind...

I change like I rhyme

-A pack of aspirins.**

We're old at 20

But I've got the time!


It's not a love story

That runs like the Adour***

It's more like a gust of wind

That blows over your earth

I want more than one :

One who's clingy, one who bores me, and one who makes me angry

'Cause I have the time

It's a strong blow, I know

You have to like me as I am

And wait for me to come around

::::::::::


**"aspirin" is also slang for ecstasy

***a river coming from the South-West of France and empties into the Atlantic, according to the trusty Wikipedia (French of course), L'Adour only has a 75km of navigable waters, and the rest is absolutely "torrential."


Back to Alizée songs

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum