Parler Tout Bas Translation | Alizée

Parler Tout Bas

Alizée - Gourmandises


On rainy days

My toys are alive

The big ones have claws

Like concrete stumps

How do I tell them

When one is only 15

That the unmade bed no longer has

The taste of zan*


What is it good for

Living rags

Words of love

When they're too short

I dream big

Like an elephant

I dream immensely


A round belly

With deep eyes

My bear says "What's it good for ?"

His friendship

It's hard to say

Hard to last a life time

So to him...


Speak softly

Find the right words

Talk about everything, talk about me

To find rest in

His arms : the gentleness

He has a heart inside

My heart is for his

This poem

It's for him

To the inanimate world


On rainy days

My toys are alive

Adults have laughs**

That hit you

While passing by


What's it good for,

A love that melts ?

Me, I have a friend

I would like to say,

Please don't laugh

Even if it's dumb,

That I love him...

:::::::::


*Zan : I could not find it in the my French dictionary, then I remembered Zan and the Wonder Twins.

**The phrase is "Les grands ont des rires qui vous giflent en passant."

The term "les grands" also refers to "adults," which fits better in this context than in the context of "les grands" used in the first stanza.

Back to Alizée's Songs

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum